Monday, December 16, 2013

Cover of my art journal


Hi all. Today I just wanted to share the cover of my art journal. Mixed media is something I haven't really explored. Since I don't really scrapbook because I don't have pictures worth keeping and remembering, I wanted to explore the option of an art journal just for fun, to practice new techniques and use my stash. 

Through practice, I hope to grow in my abilities and creativity when it comes to doing mixed media. 
I'll be showcasing some quotes I live by, quotes I find inspiring, in this journal. 
Some of the quotes you'll be seeing are:

*Never stop doing little things for others. Sometimes, those little things occupy the biggest part in their heart.
*If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present. 
*My to-do list:-count my blessings -practice kindness -let go of what I can't control-listen to my heart
-be productive yet calm-breathe
*Never look down on anyone. Only God sits that high.
*Don't forget to be AWESOME.

Supplies used on this journal include white gesso, turquoise and pink mists by Heidi Swapp, along with the hearts stencil, Queen & Co. trendy tape (super good quality, will be buying more of this brand!), and elements from Teresa Collin's stationery noted collection. I used green and white gelatos to kind of blend the colors of the elements into shades that matched my background. The butterfly is by K&Company, I believe.
I know the cover isn't much, but hopefully the end of the journal will be a wonderful masterpiece representing my growth as a crafter throughout 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment