Monday, August 29, 2016

Repurposed card

I made this card maybe over a year ago. Originally it had a felt scallop border, but the felt was cut too thin and it tore. It also tore the cardstock underneath. I didn't want to throw out the card; I thought I could maybe use it to recreate the original. I toyed with the idea of using washi tape, but nothing I had complemented the design. I went for glitter tape instead. I used a wide silver glitter , I think by Scotch. It looked too plain, so I went through my glitter tape stash. I bought a huge assorted pack by American Crafts from scrapbook.com. So worth the crazy shipping to my PO Box. I believe it has 24 colors. I decided to layer the plain silver with a teal that matched the felt birds, and it's awesome!
I also added the sentiment from Clearly Bessoted's Sentimental Type in Memento London Fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment