Friday, January 24, 2014

22 of 100

Hi all!
Today I'd like to share a project I made for myself with a SCS friend's image. She sent me these beautiful stamped images with a girl and her dog, and they reminded me so much of my beloved Golden Retriever and myself.
Now, the coloring of the dog is kind of funky. I need to practice how to color a Golden Retriever, especially mine, who has darker shades. Also, the laminating just won't go on without lots of wrinkles. I used a xyron 500 with a laminating cartridge. Maybe I need to get myself an actual laminator?
I didn't want to make a card for myself; instead, I colored the image, added some soft patterned paper and a white mat, and laminated the whole thing. If it fit in my wallet, I'd carry it around! However, since it doesn't, I'll either make it into a magnet or just pin it somewhere in my room. If I found a frame for it, that'd be even more perfect. However, it's a pretty nonstandard size. This project, with all its mistakes, is absolutely dear to my heart, and I won't forget the kindness from the person who sent me the image to play with.


Supplies used: stamp can be purchased here. I'll be looking for a sale to add these to my collection.
The white card stock is textured white colorbok, and the patterned paper is from the Soleil collection by Basic Grey. Copics used are E77, E42, R12, R32, C00, C0, R22,Y23, R21, E40, E79, E55, E53, E84, E04, R11, V22, BV01, BV02. The nestabilities is labels 20.

1 comment: